Kirkland, WA hair restoration patients discover the benefits of NeoGraft
Although hair loss is incredibly common, it is the subject of many myths and misunderstandings. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a problem exclusive to mature men, nor is it an inevitable part of aging. Furthermore, it does not have to be permanent. NeoGraft Hair Restoration in Kirkland, WA and Auburn, WA at Mark H. Tseng, MD – Plastic & Aesthetics, is a minimally-invasive hair transplant surgery appropriate for men and women of all ages.
About hair transplant surgery
There are many potential causes of hair loss, some temporary or possibly reversible in the early stages. The most common form is androgenetic alopecia (male pattern balding or female pattern balding). It is progressive, gradually damaging follicles to the point that they can no longer grow hairs.
The first widely available solution was hair plugs, popularized in the 1980s. Although promising, they were less than ideal for many reasons. Former methods left large incision scars, and the results looked fake, like men had “work done” on their scalps. Thankfully, hair transplant technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. Today, there are less invasive and more reliable techniques, which render natural results. In keeping with his dedication to excellence, Dr. Tseng researched options extensively before choosing NeoGraft. In fact, he is not only a provider, but also a NeoGraft patient. He refuses to offer procedure or products that he would not choose for himself or his own family.
How is NeoGraft different?
FUT (follicular unit transplantation) and FUE (follicular unit extraction) represent the most popular, modern hair transplant techniques. The most important distinctions between them are that FUT removes complete strips from the donor area, while FUE removes individual follicular units. “Bald-resistant” follicles are lifted from the hair-rich back of the head, and placed in those areas on top of the head, which are prone to pattern baldness. FUE, in turn, minimizes recovery time with its precision, less traumatic approach to transplantation. And noticeable scarring is virtually eliminated from the scalp. So, you aren’t left with lingering and highly visible reminders of hair loss.
NeoGraft takes FUE to a new level, with the exacting precision of sophisticated, automated transplantation using pneumatic controls. It is the first and, at the time of this writing, the only follicular harvest and transplant system to earn FDA clearance.
What to expect from revolutionary treatment
The “magic” of NeoGraft comes from its “punch and pressure” method of suctioning and extracting follicles in a gentle and precision manner using a specialized handpiece, which preserves the integrity of the follicle and leaves surrounding tissues, nerves, and blood vessels untouched. As an advanced, automated, closed FUE system, NeoGraft assures more follicles can successfully thrive at their new sites. Each patient’s own regenerative capabilities are unlocked to promote new hair growth naturally, for the most natural-appearing results. Earlier-generation methods involved “handling” follicles manually, moving them to a “pre-made hole,” and storing them during a lengthy process. So, you can imagine how these techniques damaged the number of follicles that “took” at the transplanted area and were able to regenerate new hairs.
From beginning to end, this “no touch” implantation process at Dr. Tseng’s office involves:
- Shaving the area at the back of the head that is resistant to pattern balding and that contains viable follicles
- Numbing the area with a topical anesthetic for added comfort
- Using the patented NeoGraft handpiece’s gentle pneumatic pressure to extract and remove one to four hairs from each follicle at the shaved donor site
- Storing the follicles in the system’s storage area or chamber, where they’re moistened with a fine mist to preserve the follicles until they can be transplanted
- Continuing to harvest hairs until a sufficient amount has been extracted and stored for successful implantation
- Using a proprietary technique, the NeoGraft tool non-invasively creates small holes at optimal depths without cutting instruments such as scalpels
- Inserting donor hairs into those holes in the implant sites
- Looking forward to your new, fuller head of hair
While NeoGraft’s comfort and demands on your body for healing pale in comparison to earlier-generation hair restoration methods, Dr. Tseng will still need to discuss instructions with you, to assure healthy healing and a speedy, uneventful recovery. Bandages may be worn for a few days post-treatment, and medications may be prescribed to ease inflammation, prevent infection, and for pain relief. We’ll also advise on when to wash your hair, and demonstrate the best techniques and products to do so, partly, in an effort to prevent the treatment areas from crusting over transplanted follicles. Like treatment, the best approach to recovery is also “no touch.” Let your hair air dry and avoid rubbing at the treated areas in the first week or so post-transplantation.
Though alarming, hairs may begin to fall out after around two weeks. This is normal, and the follicles’ response to the trauma of the hair transplant. Hair growth is itself a process. Of the estimated 95% to 98% of hairs that “take” or survive the process, they emerge out of follicles that stabilize and return to the active, growth phase (anagen) in around three months. It’s at this time that the wait has been worth it, and our patients start to enjoy a transformed head of thicker, fuller hair.
In summary, Dr. Tseng’s patients love this innovative technology because:
- Results look natural and healthy.
- Recovery is short with minimal activity restrictions.
- There is no linear scar, which gives you the flexibility to wear your hair as short or long as you like.
- It’s the least invasive hair transplant procedure currently available, with no sutures or staples needed.
- NeoGraft is well-tolerated, as no scalpel is required and discomfort is minimized.
- It fills in “strip” scars or baldness left by other hair restoration procedures.
- NeoGraft poses minimal risks as a “self-contained” system.
FAQ About NeoGraft
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft® procedure feel little to no discomfort
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft® procedure
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hairstyle of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time – patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities
- Natural-looking results
The NeoGraft® system is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft® system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
This revolutionary system uses pneumatic controls to precisely extract complete individual hair follicles which can be immediately transplanted to the selected areas of the scalp. The NeoGraft® automated hair transplantation system is the only complete harvesting system on the market and has the only ‘NO TOUCH’ implantation technology.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft® technology provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure.
Hair loss can be a very emotional part of the natural aging process, and seeking ways to curb this process used to be a challenge. NeoGraft’s advanced technology offers a discrete solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period. Hair restoration with the NeoGraft®procedure is unnoticeable, making it your secret to tell.
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discrete – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your exact needs.
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
- And Many More!
The NeoGraft® Automated FUE is also a useful procedure to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” surgeries. FUE can be used to ‘fill in’ or camouflage those old scars by transplanting new follicles into the area.
Are you ready to restore your crowning glory?
This “new graft” procedure isn’t universally appropriate for everyone with hair loss. Dr. Tseng looks forward to scheduling a consultation with you to evaluate if you are an appropriate candidate for NeoGraft or another form of hair restoration. Notably, NeoGraft patients must have some healthy, active, functioning follicles that can be removed and transplanted to thinning or bald regions. As with other types of conditions, it’s best to be proactive, to schedule an appointment when you are just starting to notice those areas that have thinned.
As a hair transplant patient himself, Dr. Tseng empathizes with your situation. He genuinely understands the devastating impact of hair loss. But, moreover, he appreciates that life-changing results can be yours, with innovative methods like NeoGraft. Call (425) 414-8553 to schedule an appointment at the Kirkland, WA office of Mark H. Tseng, MD — Plastics and Aesthetics on the Eastside.