Put your best face forward with nose surgery in Kirkland, WA
The center of the face and the entry point to your respiratory system, your nose serves essential functions medically and aesthetically. Rhinoplasty can improve the nose’s appearance, function, or both. This nose surgery is available at Mark H. Tseng, MD – Plastic & Aesthetics in Auburn and Kirkland, WA.
What is rhinoplasty?
Sometimes called a “nose job,” rhinoplasty is a type of plastic surgery that may be performed for cosmetic or medical reasons. It alters the nasal structure to correct nose shapes or sizes. It may be used to treat:
- Deviated septum, which obstructs breathing
- Upturned, wide, or unusually large nostrils
- Hooked, upturned, bulbous, droopy, or large nasal tip
- Depressions or humps in the nose profile
- A wide nose bridge
- Asymmetrical or disproportionate nose
Types of nose surgeries
There are a couple of different rhinoplasty techniques. Dr. Tseng will recommend the best method based on your medical needs and aesthetic goals.
- Open rhinoplasty – This technique provides the greatest visibility and access for the surgeon. It requires an incision between the tip and base of the nose, in the columella area. The surgical scar is extremely small and well camouflaged by the natural nasal contours. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Closed rhinoplasty – The incisions in this technique are inside of the nostrils, so there are no external scars at all. Additionally, the procedure and the recovery period are faster than with open rhinoplasty. The surgery may be completed with IV (intravenous) or general
About the procedure
- Surgery – Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure, which usually takes between two and four hours to complete. It is performed under anesthesia, so you will not feel any pain during surgery. You will need to arrange transportation home, because you will still be groggy from the sedative.
- Recovery – Recovery time varies, but most patients can resume work about a week after surgery. You may need a little longer downtime if your job involves strenuous activity.
- Results – You will start seeing some improvement in the first few weeks as your nose heals. However, it will take a few months for swelling to recede completely, at which time the full results will be apparent.
Before today gets away from me in these very chaotic times I thought I’d let you know that I am truly thankful that Graham had suggested that I meet with you before making any plans for surgery on my hands.
I greatly appreciate the care you’ve given me, the extraordinary skills you have and the sincere concern you show for me as a person not just “an appointment” on your busy calendar. Again, I am so thankful that Graham directed me to you!
Thanks for all you do and the personal concern you show!
Dr. Tseng is absolutely amazing. He helped me when I was badly burned in a firework accident a few years back. Half of my face was burned off and I had 3rd and 2nd degree burns on my hand, my wrist, and up my arm and my neck. If it wasn’t for him I don’t think things would have turned out as well as they did. I barely have any scars now which is shocking considering what damage was done initially. He was an excellent provider, has seriously remarkable skills and I would highly recommend him to anyone that I care about.
Thanks again Dr. Tseng!!
Dr Mark Tseng is working by his wonderful heart! He is an angel heaven sent to rescue humans kind…
This doctor is excellent and would do anything for his patients.
His work is top notch!
I am an RN and very particular.
I have saw his work first hand and he is awesome.
He has done work on me ,
I wouldn’t let anyone else do my surgery, only Dr Tseng.
I suffered from carpel tunnel syndrome and tendinitis in my right hand. Meeting and working with Dr. Tseng has been the best experience ever. He is patient, kind, pays attention to detail, explains the process to you thoroughly and in a language that you understand. If you’re looking for a medical professional and has an excellent bedside manner and that does quality work this is who you want to get connected with. Although I am two weeks post-op, I can say that this is the best experience I’ve ever had .
I had a pinched nerve, with problems with my insurance. The lady at the front desk and this doctor went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of as fast as possible to save the feeling in my fingers and hand. Surgery went great, Its been about 8/9 months and I have probably regained 95% of my feeling. I never write reviews. But this doctor and his very nice front desk lady are amazing.
The best at what he does. Friendly, includes you everything that has to be done. Answer’s all your questions. Dr Mark is the best
So I had carpal tunnel surgery on both had and he is amazing he made my life better I can’t thank him enough and his receptionist is always so polite she is just a joy to talk to I just want to say ty guys for all you have done for me you guys rock. Mikeaa ferrez
Very speedy appt. dates, I got in the next day after I called.